Are you an Oklahoma public school teacher or administrator interested in student and teacher awards, curriculum, and CASH PRIZES? The Masonic Charity Foundation of Oklahoma can help!
Awards for teachers and students:
- Student of Today / Teacher of Today: All nominated students and teachers are recognized with certificates. Some local lodges provide cash prizes in addition to the recognition certificates. This program accepts nominations from March 1 through May 31.
- Oklahoma Teacher of the Year: The Masonic Fraternity is a long-time sponsor of the State Superintendent’s Teacher of the Year program. Each year, eleven teachers are selected as finalists and receive a $1,000 grant from the Masonic Fraternity of Oklahoma, in addition to prizes from other event sponsors. The Fraternity also provides one winning finalist with a $5,000 cash award, plus an additional $5,000 grant made to their school district. For more information, visit the Oklahoma State Superintendent’s website here: http://sde.ok.gov/sde/oklahoma-teacher-year
Curriculum, Contests, and Cash Prizes:
- Senior Essay Contest: High School Seniors submit a 1,000-1,250 word essay on a pre-chosen topic. Local winners receive certificates. Statewide winners and their school districts win cash prizes from $100 to $5,000! Entries must be postmarked by October 31.
- High School Ethics Bowl: Any Oklahoma High School can create team(s) to participate in this statewide, friendly debate styled competition which discusses pertinent topics in ethics. Winners compete for cash prizes with the potential for advancement to competition at the national level. Any student may participate! Preparation for this competition makes an ideal curriculum enhancement for talented and gifted programs, english programs, debate and speech teams, civic and volunteerism clubs, or just students looking to interact with other students and professionals across the state! Register by November 1. Financial assistance for the $75 registration fee may be available. Program of the SEED Foundation.
- Photo Contest: Cash prizes of $25 for each winning photo, with winning photos published in our annual report calendar. Students of any grade level may compete. Ideal for journalism and photography clubs. Entries accepted all year long, but deadline for current year publication is July 15. Entries received after the deadline will be included in the following year’s contest.
- Members of DeMolay, Rainbow, and Jobs Daughters: Members of Masonic Youth Orders are eligible to apply for scholarship annually. Application deadline is May 1.
For more information, check out our Programs for Public Schools webpage and sign up for Public School e-blasts for reminders and current events!