Register teams by November 15th
WHAT: High School Ethics Bowl is a new initiative by the Student Ethics and Education Development (SEED) Foundation and sponsored by the Masonic Fraternity in Oklahoma. It challenges students across Oklahoma to study ethical dilemmas and discuss them in the form of a respectful debate. The winner of a regional competition may be invited to the national competition at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill in April.
WHO: Any Oklahoma high school may participate. Schools may register more than one team.
WHERE: One regional (Oklahoma) competition in January or February, hosted on a university campus. Details announced to registrants in late fall. Oklahoma winning team may advance to the national competition in April.
WHEN: Dates are formally announced in November of each year. Regional (Oklahoma) competition occurs in late January or early February. The 2018-2019 Oklahoma Region High School Ethics Bowl is scheduled for Saturday, January 19, 2019 at the Oklahoma School of Science and Mathematics in Oklahoma City.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Recruit a coach and team! Some groups naturally lend themselves to competition: debate or speech teams, academic bowl teams, philosophy or business classes. Any group of students can participate; make ethics education part of your curriculum!
- Register your school with the National High School Ethics Bowl. An entry fee of $75 applies per school. Funding assistance for registration fee and travel expense may be available through your local Masonic Lodge or through the SEED Foundation. Registration link: http://nhseb.unc.edu/registration/
- Register your teams with the SEED Foundation. This serves as your entry into the Oklahoma regional competition. Registration with both groups is required. SEED Foundation High School Ethics Bowl registration form
- Prepare your team! Regional cases for the current and prior year, competition rules, training resources and videos to prepare your team are available at both the okethicsbowl.com and http://nhseb.unc.edu/resources/ websites. Prepare your team!
For more information about the Oklahoma Region High School Ethics Bowl, contact email@example.com or 405-200-7382.
- High School Ethics Bowl Regional Cases 2018 – 2019: http://www.mcfok.org/wp-content/uploads/Final-2018-2019-Regional-Case-Set-OK-Region-Set.pdf
- Ethics Bowl Etiquette: http://www.mcfok.org/wp-content/uploads/Ethics-Bowl-Etiquette.pdf
- Rules, Procedures, and Guidelines: http://www.mcfok.org/wp-content/uploads/FINAL-2018-9-Rules-Procedures-and-Guidelines.pdf
- Advice for coaches: http://www.mcfok.org/wp-content/uploads/FINAL-COACH-ADVICE.pdf
- Judge’s scoring sheet: http://www.mcfok.org/wp-content/uploads/NHSEB-2016-17-Score-Sheet.pdf
Requests for funding assistance should be directed to your local Masonic lodge or the SEED Foundation. Need help finding your local lodge? Contact us at 405-348-7500 or firstname.lastname@example.org.