In 2013, the Masonic Charity Foundation of Oklahoma entered into an agreement with the Oklahoma Chapter of the Alzheimer’s Association to provide funding to establish three (3) new outreach centers in Oklahoma. As part of the agreement, the Foundation provided $500,000 on behalf of the Fraternity over a three year period. This progressive gift provides funding to establish Alzheimer’s Association outreach offices in Lawton, Enid, and McAlester. The final grant distribution has now been made; Lawton and Enid offices are now open, with plans for the McAlester office underway. Read more in a story published by NewsOK here: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-masons-donate-to-alzheimers-association/article/4569123
In 2013, the Masonic Charity Foundation created the Masonry In Action Award to recognize lodges whose participation in Foundation programs is exceptional. Winning lodges receive a trophy during the Grand Lodge Session and $5,000 toward the charitable or educational causes of their choice.
What do winning lodges have in common? How can YOUR lodge receive this honor?
- APPLY!!! Your lodge must apply to be considered! Less than 10% of lodges applied for the award in 2015.
- Help members in need! Use Promises Matter programs, lodge time and resources to help Masons, their widows, and members of the Order of the Eastern Star.
- Respond to the Grand Master’s plea! Participate in the OETA and Food Bank fundraisers!
- Be an ACTIVE part of public education programs! Have a lodge member present SOT/TOT awards! Give prizes to Senior Essay winners!
- Get noticed in your community! Lodges ALL do good works – make sure your community knows about it! Utilize local newspapers and media outlets!
NOW is the time to increase your lodge’s participation in charitable and educational endeavors. Think how much you can accomplish by the end of 2015! Start now!
The Youth Order Scholarship Program provides scholarship opportunities to members of DeMolay, Job’s Daughters, and International Order of Rainbow Girls youth groups. Scholarships for the 2014-2015 school year were $2,000 each. Application deadline is May 1st for the following school year. Eligibility requirements and application packets are available here: Youth Order Scholarship Application
It was our to pleasure to present a check for $727,040.48 to the Oklahoma Association of Area Agencies on Aging (O4A) today. Since 2007, the Fraternity has provided $5,669,294.72 to O4A to fund direct services to senior citizens in Oklahoma. These agencies serve as a one-stop shop to provide seniors with services and information to fill needs of all kinds: hearing aids, dentures, wheelchair ramps, utility assistance, glasses, home repairs, transportation, meals, housekeeping, etc. We are so thankful for the work these agencies do, and are thrilled to offer support