Electronic submission is required; paper applications will no longer be accepted. Eligibility requirements are detailed on the first page of the application here: Youth Order Scholarship Application
The Youth Order Scholarship Program provides scholarship opportunities to members of DeMolay, Job’s Daughters, and International Order of Rainbow Girls.
Scholarships are payable directly to a college or university, disbursed in part for Fall semester, and in part for Spring semester.
Previous scholarship recipients are encouraged to re-apply each year. There is no limit to the number of times a student may receive the scholarship.
Applicants must be a member in good standing of an Oklahoma Masonic Youth Order, and meet the minimum cumulative GPA requirement (2.5 on a 4 point scale). For high school seniors, a minimum composite ACT score of 20 is required for eligibility to receive the scholarship.
Application deadline is May 1st of each year for the following school year.
Helpful hints for scholarship recipients:
- We do not disburse your scholarship until the school provides proof of enrollment. We solicit proof of enrollment directly from your school; you do not need to do anything. However, if you wish to expedite disbursement of your scholarship, you may submit an official transcript to our office which shows your ‘in progress’ (currently enrolled) classes. Please note, only transcripts printed after you enroll will list the ‘in progress’ courses. Transcripts which do not list ‘in progress’ courses are not sufficient documentation for us to disburse your scholarship.
- You must notify us if your contact information changes. At times, additional information is required before your scholarship may be disbursed, or in some cases scholarship monies are refunded. If we are unable to contact you, your scholarship may be deemed to be forfeited.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- My scholarship application is late. Will it still be considered? Foundation staff attempt to qualify every application received, however scholarship decisions are made very quickly after the May 1 deadline in order to facilitate announcement at the various youth order grand assemblies in late May. Despite our best intentions, late applications may not be able to be included for consideration. Applications are accepted from January 1 through May 1 to allow students plenty of time to collect the required transcripts and letters of recommendation.
- I just found out I was awarded a scholarship! What do I need to do? You will receive an award letter in the mail which contains instructions: 1) take a copy of the award letter to your school’s financial aid office; 2) arrange to have an official transcript which includes your most recently completed college semester mailed to our office; and 3) notify us if you will be attending a different college than was indicated on your scholarship application. Make sure to notify us if your contact information changes.
- When will my scholarship be disbursed? We only disburse scholarships after your school has independently confirmed your enrollment. We will mail a letter to your school requesting verification of enrollment. When your school responds with confirmation of your enrollment status, we will issue a check directly to the school’s bursar office. Because most people enroll very close to the start of the semester, we begin disbursing scholarships around the middle of August and the end of December. If your school does not respond to the enrollment verification request in a timely manner, your disbursement will be delayed. Please let our office know in advance if your school assesses fees after a certain date so we can work with the bursar’s office to prevent the assessment of fees if possible.
- I just enrolled, but my school doesn’t have any record of my scholarship. What do I do? We do not notify your school of your scholarship until mid-August. We will mail a letter to the school in mid-August notifying them that you have been awarded a scholarship and requesting verification of enrollment.
- I’m not enrolling in the Fall semester. Can I still receive my scholarship in the Spring? Please call our office at 405-348-7500 or 877-562-7667. If you were awarded a scholarship but do not enroll in classes for the Fall semester, the Fall semester’s distribution will be forfeited. If forfeited, the student may still receive the Spring semester’s disbursement.
- I was awarded a scholarship last school year but wasn’t able to go to school. Can I still receive those scholarship funds this year instead? Students may apply for scholarship every year; there is no limit to the number of times you may receive the scholarship. Scholarships not paid in the designated semester are deemed to be forfeited and can not be applied to another semester or school year.
- My GPA doesn’t qualify for the fall semester. Can I reapply for the scholarship for spring semester after I get my grades up? No. The scholarship award letter states that all scholarships are awarded contingent on confirmation that the student meets the minimum GPA and/or ACT qualification. Failure to meet the minimum GPA/ACT requirement constitutes disqualification from scholarship eligibility. You will have to wait until the following school year to reapply for scholarship (application deadline is May 1 for the following school year).
- What do I need to do to get a scholarship for summer semester? Scholarship funds are not available for Summer or interim semester(s).
- I received a letter requesting proof of my enrollment. What am I supposed to submit? You do not need to do anything. The letter you received was issued to your school; a copy of the letter was mailed to you as a courtesy. The school will provide our office with proof of enrollment. However, if you are concerned that your school may not provide timely proof of enrollment, you may submit an official transcript to our office which shows your ‘in progress’ courses and we will disburse the scholarship based on that documentation.
- I won’t be enrolling full time this semester. Will I still get my scholarship? For any semester in which you are not enrolled full time, a portion or all of your scholarship is deemed to be forfeited. However, if you do not enroll in Fall semester, you may still receive the Spring scholarship distribution.
- I’m moving to a different school than was listed on my scholarship application, or am concurrently enrolled in two different schools. What do I need to do? Please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 405-348-7500 and tell us where you will be attending school so we can begin the enrollment verification process. We will make every effort to contact you if we are unable to verify your full-time enrollment status. However, if you do not notify us of a change in schools and we are unable to reach you, we will be unable to verify your enrollment and the scholarship may be forfeited.
- Have other questions? Email us at email@example.com or call our office anytime at 405-348-7500. After hours voicemail is available.