High School Senior Essay Contest
Submission Deadline – October 31st
2019-2020 submissions will be accepted starting September 1st
- Statewide 1st Place Winner’s school will receive a $5,000 CASH PRIZE!
- Local 1st, 2nd & 3rd place winners in Men’s & Women’s Division will receive a certificate.
- Statewide winners in Men’s and Women’s Division will receive cash prizes:
|1st place||2nd place||3rd place||4th place||5th place||6th place||7th place||8th place||9th place||10th place|
- Any high school senior attending an Oklahoma public school may enter. Only one entry per student is allowed.
- Required topic: How does social media influence our politics today? Give specific examples and explain how social media is helping or hurting American politics..
- Essays must be submitted online, using Microsoft Word or Google docs, no later than October 31, 2019. The web address to upload your Word or Google document is below.
- Essays must be the student’s original work.
- The essay must be 1,000 – 1,250 words and include a Works Cited page listing all referenced materials in a generally accepted format, including any internet resources used.
- Essays must be submitted in English, double-spaced, with a non-script font size, 12 or 14. Handwritten essays will not be accepted.
- Essays will be professionally judged based on adherence to the prescribed topic, organization of material, interest, originality, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and neatness.
- Entries become the property of the Masonic Fraternity of Oklahoma and will not be returned
How to submit entries:
Electronic submission is required. Upload essays in Word or Google Docs format along with all other requested information at this link. Please make sure and choose the proper schoool:
Connect with us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/masoniccharityok
Contact our office with any questions – we are happy to help! Email us at email@example.com or call our office at 405-348-7500.
This program is sponsored by the Masonic Fraternity of Oklahoma, as part of the Mason’s continuing commitment to public education.